From the people who brought you the immensely popular HDfury and HDfury2, comes the GammaX add-on accessory!
Why do I need GammaX?
On most TVs and projectors movies and games are too dark or missing detail in dark scenes. GammaX fixes this by adding a ‘Gamma Boost’ without washing out the picture.
Simply plug the GammaX directly into the HDfury2, HDfury, HDfury Gamer Edition, or any device with RGB output and enjoy a more vibrant picture with perfect shadow details!
Using the original HDfury or HDfury Gamer Edition? The GammaX also includes a cable driver which lets you use monitor cables or long RGB projector cables (any length) without having to plug the HDfury or HDfury Gamer Edition directly into your TV!
The included power supply is not needed when the GammaX is used with the HDfury2, simplifying the cables and connections. (The power supply is needed for HDfury, HDfury Gamer Edition, or other RGB source users).
Many projectors and displays only work with either positive or negative sync RGB signals. The GammaX provides a user selectable positive or negative sync switch for displays that only accept negative sync such as the following projectors: Barco 800/801/808/1208, Dwin 500/700, and so on.
The GammaX is 100% Plug-and-play. No configuration or extra steps required. GammaX works at all resolutions, including 1080p and beyond.
Note: GammaX does not support component signals, only RGB. This includes the HDfury2 set to component (YUV) output mode. If you wish to add Gamma Boost to a component-only capable display, use the Box1020 instead.
Why does Gamma X works?
In most displays shadow detail is severely limited or completely missing. When there are a lot of dark areas in the picture they simply appear as a uniform black area even though the original content has a lot of detail. This phenomenon is next to impossible to compensate for by conventional means such as increasing brightness as true blacks start looking grey and the overall picture becomes washed-out.
GammaX selectively addresses only the correct black information of interest (the shadow detail) to create a very dynamic looking picture with rich shadow detail. The level of correction is adjustable for maximum detail for your particular display.
The following pictures show GammaX in action:
Want to learn more about Gamma Boost and why it matters? To find out why proper gamma is critical to image quality and movie reproduction, see the Curtpalme.com Greyscale & Colour Calibration for Dummies guide.
Detailed specifications :
- Input: RGBHV HD-15 D-Sub (VGA) Female Connector (direct connection to HDfury1/HDfury2)
- Output: RGBHV HD-15 D-Sub (VGA) Male Connector (direct connection to TV)
- Cable driver built in allowing you to use an analog output cable of any length. Useful for using the original HDfury or HDfury Gamer Edition with monitor cables or long RGB projector cables. No need to plug the HDfury or HDfury Gamer Edition directly into your TV!
- Power supply included for use with HDfury, HDfury Gamer Edition, or other RGB sources
- Power supply not needed if used with the HDfury2, the HDfury2 supplies the power
- Plug-and-play, no extra steps required
- Adjustable Gamma Boost for restoring lost shadow details
- Slide potentiometer for easy Gamma Boost adjustment
- Compatible with all RGB sources
- Supports all standard HD formats and SD formats: 1080p/1080i/720p/etc. in NTSC/PAL/SECAM
- Supports all PC resolutions including extremely high resolutions such as 1600×1200/100Hz and 1920×1440/60Hz
- 450Mhz large signal (-3dB) bandwidth for virtually lossless video processing
- Full dynamic range for maximum picture detail at all resolutions
- User selectable positive or negative sync output for displays that only accept negative sync (ex: Barco 800/801/808/1208, Dwin, etc.)
- Precise black levels – no black crush or missing details or washed-out whites
GammaX does not support component signals, only RGB. This includes the HDfury2 set to component (YUV) output mode. If you wish to add Gamma Boost to a component-only capable display, use the Box1020 instead.
What’s included :
- GammaX converter
- Your choice of power supply (US/Euro/UK):
GammaX packaging :
Reviews / Testimonials
“Received my GammaX last night and hooked it up. Definitely made a huge difference for me with my RGB input. Everything seems so much brighter, yet the black level stayed…well, black…like it should be. Just looked at a few scenes of movies to verify it worked, but so far I’m impressed with it. Great job HKMod and team!” – jdbt3027
“[How's the picture?] Big difference. I can’t believe I thought it was acceptable before. I was running it straight out of my Key Digital CTCA3 transcoder (no gamma correction) previously, but now with the GammaX installed as well it seems to have quite a bit more ‘pop’. Substantial increase in the level of detail.“ – gruuvin
“The cable box and blu-ray player look amazing and the gamma-x controller really does make a difference. Thanks for all you patience and help.” – Scott K.